Law Offices of William W. Green & Associates
Phone 714-464-6903
Toll Free 866-543-7598

Hablamos Español - 24 Hours

Home, Work or Hospital Visits

FacebookGoogle Plus

Free Consultation

No-Hassle, No-Obligation

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

A review of music venue liability

Music venues and open-air concerts are among the biggest draws for crowds and frivolity. Likely you or someone you know has been to a music festival. When you go to these festivals, you never expect to get injured, let alone seriously. Unfortunately, injuries at these festivals occur frequently.

You might assume that going to a music festival means that you assume the risk of injury. Especially based on the names of some of these festivals, like the Riot Fest in Chicago. But, you would be wrong. Everyone is entitled to a safe experience while listening to live music; no one assumes the risk when they go to a concert.

Entertainment venues are required to provide adequate security to protect their guests from reasonably foreseeable injuries. That means that not every injury is the responsibility of venue management. But because venues know that crowds are likely at music festivals, they are responsible for crowd management. That means injuries that occur because the crowd loses control, the venue is liable.

Additionally, liability can even extend to injuries that are caused the intentional acts of another person. For example, if someone is punched by another concert-goer. The venue could be liable if security failed to identify the dangerous individual.

Were you injured while visiting a music festival or other establishment open to the public? If you were, you might want to reach out to a lawyer for legal advice. Suing a negligent property owner isn't as straightforward as it may sound. You need to gather proof (which sometimes means getting it from the one person who doesn't want to give it to you, the property owner). A lawyer can assist you by going over the various strategies to retrieve the evidence.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Office Location

Law Offices of William W. Green & Associates
505 S. Villa Real
Anaheim, CA 92807

Phone: 714-464-6903
Toll Free: 866-543-7598
Anaheim Law Office Map

Connect With Us

FacebookGoogle Plus