Law Offices of William W. Green & Associates
Phone 714-464-6903
Toll Free 866-543-7598

Hablamos Español - 24 Hours

Home, Work or Hospital Visits

FacebookGoogle Plus

Free Consultation

No-Hassle, No-Obligation

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

What do you do if you are injured at work?

California has a robust workers' compensation system. Workers' compensation is a statutory scheme that requires employers to obtain and pay for insurance that covers their employees' injuries that occur on the job or in pursuit of a work purpose. This post will go over what you should do if you suffer an injury at work.

Workers' compensation is meant to do two things. First, it pays for your medical expenses, so you don't have to pay out of pocket for injuries incurred on the job. Second, it provides you with wage replacement, so if you need to miss work or work less, you aren't placed under financial stress.

To obtain these benefits, you must report the injury or illness to your employer. In California, that typically means that you alert your supervisor to your injury. You must report your injury within 30 days of it occurring or risk losing your right to compensation.

You should also obtain medical treatment as soon as possible. If necessary, seek emergency medical assistance. If you are able, tell the medical team that it was a work-related injury, they may be able to get you started on the insurance forms.

Contact your employer for further instructions and file your claim. Once your claim is filed, you are entitled to medical costs.

Did you suffer a back injury at work? Then you may want to contact an attorney that can help you through the workers' compensation process. While California does impose, relatively, strong protections, you still must qualify for benefits. Every time you fill out the wrong form or miss a deadline, it delays your right to compensation or even endangers it. A lawyer can ensure that you receive workers' compensation payments as soon as possible to ensure that your family finances stay in order.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Office Location

Law Offices of William W. Green & Associates
505 S. Villa Real
Anaheim, CA 92807

Phone: 714-464-6903
Toll Free: 866-543-7598
Anaheim Law Office Map

Connect With Us

FacebookGoogle Plus