Law Offices of William W. Green & Associates
Phone 714-464-6903
Toll Free 866-543-7598

Hablamos Español - 24 Hours

Home, Work or Hospital Visits

FacebookGoogle Plus

Free Consultation

No-Hassle, No-Obligation

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

How do you file a workers' compensation appeal?

Workers' compensation is wage replacement payments that employers (or their insurance companies) pay to employees who are injured on the job or performing duties related to their job. California was one of the first states to pass mandatory workers' compensation. Workers' compensation is critical for many families who rely on the payments during these stressful times.

Workers' compensation is used to pay for anything from medical expenses to rent. It is, therefore, critical that the payments begin as soon as possible. But what happens if you file the paperwork, submit receipts, and proof of your injury and are still declined coverage?

California incorporates workers' compensation in the Labor Code which is enforced by the Workers' Compensation Appeals Board (WCAB). The WCAB exercises all judicial powers granted it by the Labor Code. When your claim is denied, you may file a Petition for Reconsideration which is provided for on the Department of Industrial Relations Web site.

The WCAB is a seven-member board that is appointed by the Governor, and it reviews all Petitions. You may retain a lawyer to help you prepare the petition (just like you can hire a lawyer to assist you before the administrative law judge).

If your workers' compensation claim is denied, you should speak to an attorney as soon as possible. You do not want to risk your right to compensation. These payments are critical to ensuring that your savings do not run out and that your family remains in their home. An attorney can help you prepare effective arguments to make sure that you present the best possible case to the administrative judge and the WCAB.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Office Location

Law Offices of William W. Green & Associates
505 S. Villa Real
Anaheim, CA 92807

Phone: 714-464-6903
Toll Free: 866-543-7598
Anaheim Law Office Map

Connect With Us

FacebookGoogle Plus