Law Offices of William W. Green & Associates
Phone 714-464-6903
Toll Free 866-543-7598

Hablamos Español - 24 Hours

Home, Work or Hospital Visits

FacebookGoogle Plus

Free Consultation

No-Hassle, No-Obligation

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

What to know if you are injured while working

Workers' compensation in California exists to provide medical expenses and other benefits to injured workers. But just because you are injured while at work does not mean these benefits are automatic. You must file a claim and get it approved before you can get compensation for your injuries. This post will go over what you should do immediately after you are injured.

You must report your supervisor as soon as you can about the injury. You may ask," What do you do if it develops over time, like asbestos?" In that case, you report it as soon as you find out about the injury. Most of the time, you must report your injury within 30 days or risk losing your benefits.

If it is an emergency, seek medical assistance as soon as possible. If you can tell the medical staff that you incurred the injury while on the job. Once you are able, contact your supervisor for further instructions. Once your claim is filed your employer must cover your medical expenses, even if you don't miss any work.

If you are a temporary or part-time worker you may be eligible for benefits. Most workers' compensation benefits are available to everyone, regardless of their residency status. Additionally if your employer punishes or fires you for reporting an injury, then you may have a valid employment violation claim.

There are many resources available to help you file your claim however you may still want to speak to an attorney. As you can see, there are strict timelines and requirements to get your claim approved. If you make a mistake or fail to file something on time, it could serve as grounds to deny your claim. An attorney can review your paperwork and assist you if your claim is denied. Do not risk your compensation to a clerical or spelling error.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Office Location

Law Offices of William W. Green & Associates
505 S. Villa Real
Anaheim, CA 92807

Phone: 714-464-6903
Toll Free: 866-543-7598
Anaheim Law Office Map

Connect With Us

FacebookGoogle Plus