Law Offices of William W. Green & Associates
Phone 714-464-6903
Toll Free 866-543-7598

Hablamos Español - 24 Hours

Home, Work or Hospital Visits

FacebookGoogle Plus

Free Consultation

No-Hassle, No-Obligation

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

What do I do after a hit-and-run accident?

Though car accidents can be a nuisance, the process of claiming insurance is generally pretty simple. You exchange information with the other driver, talk to any witnesses and go from there. But in a hit-and-run accident, you don't have the chance to get the other drivers' insurance information. At best, you may be able to get their license plate number, but even that may be a challenge.

If you are involved in this kind of car accident, you are not doomed to paying for repairs and medical bills because the other driver took off. Here are some tips for making sure the other driver is held responsible for their actions.

First, stay put. Chasing the other driver is never a good idea. It becomes very easy to get tunnel vision and drive recklessly, which could lead to even more trouble. Instead, file a police report so they can be on the lookout for the alleged perpetrator.

In order to help the police find the other driver more quickly, get as much information as you can. While you may not get the license plate number, try to take note of the make, model and color of the car. Also, if you know how they hit you (i.e. with their front right bumper), the police will be able to look for that kind of damage on cars that match your description.

Any information you can get from witnesses can be a huge help. While you are still on the scene, also make note of the time and location the accident happened, take pictures of the damage to your car and of the scene in general. This can be a huge help to the police and your insurance.

If you have been involved in a hit-and-run accident in California, an experienced attorney may be able to help you claim compensation against the other driver.


No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Office Location

Law Offices of William W. Green & Associates
505 S. Villa Real
Anaheim, CA 92807

Phone: 714-464-6903
Toll Free: 866-543-7598
Anaheim Law Office Map

Connect With Us

FacebookGoogle Plus